Friday, February 20, 2009

The Turtleneck Lady Speaks: WORLD SERIES TEAM!!!! (Update)


Recently I had the pleasure of speaking with one of the most iconic and enigmatic staples of the michigan softball program, the turtleneck lady. She has been attending michigan softball games since the very conception of the team and who better to weigh in on the teams chances this season.

HFABT: Thank you for sitting down with us today!
TNL: You are very welcome, did you know I once baked seven cakes in seven hours?

HFABT: I was unaware of that.
TNL: Yes it was for this great big potluck up in flint. Do you bake?

HFABT: I do not bake, I buy.
TNL: That really is a shame, baking is living....I always say.

HFABT: Okay. Are you excited for the upcoming season?
TNL: I have several great books that you could read. They are chalk full of all kinds of unique pastry recipes and such. I think you might really enjoy them.

HFABT: Well I can certainly give those a glance. So I ask again, are you excited for another season of michigan softball?
TNL: I Make the best cookies. You know what, Im going to tell you how.

HFABT: Really you dont have to....
TNL:

* 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup margarine
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon milk
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1 cup crushed sugar-frosted corn flake cereal
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla, vegetable oil and milk. Blend in the flour mixture before stirring in the oats, frosted corn flakes and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


HFABT: Thank you for that. Well I guess that about wraps it up. Its been great talking with you. I dont suppose you have anything to say about softball whatsoever.
TNL: Softball? oh, certainly.....WORLD SERIES TEAM!!!!!!



Coming Soon:
Date A Player...No really.
Jazz Hands: An in depth look at the bus dancing craze.
Meet Teddi Ewing.
The Team visits florida.
and much more........

2 comments:

  1. I cant wait until our first home game when I can hear the greatest words of encouragement I have ever heard: "Viefhaus, put it in her Wheelhouse, VIEFHAUS!!!"
    Counting down the days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I cant wait till I can finally keep track of our strikeouts before they even happen! Pitch one 4 strikeouts let's go blue!!

    ReplyDelete